Well today is the day we have to add
a big stupid banner that says "Warning: This product contains nicotine. Nicotine is an addictive chemical." to basically everything. Once again the FDA has no idea what it's doing and has passed on in their infinite wisdom the following set of regulations eLiquid manufacturers have to follow.
- Appear on the upper portion of the advertisement within the trim area;
- Occupy at least 20 percent of the area of the advertisement (warning area);
- Be printed in at least 12-point font size and ensure that the required warning statement occupies the greatest possible proportion of the warning area set aside for the required warning statement;
- Be printed in conspicuous and legible Helvetica bold or Arial bold type or other similar sans serif fonts and in black text on a white background or white text on a black background in a manner that contrasts by typography, layout, or color, with all other material on the advertisement;
- Be capitalized and punctuated, as described in the regulations (21 CFR §§ 1143.3(a)(1), 1143.3(c), and 1143.5(a)(1));
- Be centered in the warning area in which the text is required to be printed and positioned such that the text of the required warning statement and the other textual information in the advertisement have the same orientation; and
- Be surrounded by a rectangular border that is the same color as the text of the required warning statement and that is not less than 3 millimeters (mm) or more than 4 mm.
So there ya go. Now you know why our website is 20 percent uglier, because once again the tone deaf and industry blind federal regulatory agency known as the FDA has demanded eLiquid companies of all sizes and shapes have this ugly and probably false warning on all products.
Isn't it great that you have a giant faceless regulatory agency that watches out for you and nannies your consumption behavior at all times? Isn't it just fantastic that they are the ones who are going to decide which information a company is going to provide you with about their products? Don't you just love to be told exactly what to do and when to do it?
Let it be known that Northland does not necessarily share the views of the writer of this blog, and that the writer of this blog absolutely abhors any and all bureaucracies, be they governmental bodies or private institutions.
Leave a comment